Tuesday 19 February 2013

The day started cold. Very cold. Even the local heron was feeling it, but I started on the cladding before 10am and worked through until 3pm when it was completed. Meanwhile Helen worked on clearing the path side hedge ready for the new picket fence.
The sun came out in the morning and cleared the heavy frost from the night before. 

Working in the sun was quite pleasant, but in early afternoon, a fog came in and the temperature dropped, so by the time I had completed the cladding, my fingers were pretty numb. Luckily Helen has a bonfire going to burn the old hedge so I could use this to defrost.

So here it is, the east side of Halcyon clad in Thermowood. Only the west side left to clad, and that wont happen until I rebuild the bathroom, which wont happen until another trip.

Tomorrow we will be concentrating on preparing for the new fence and planning for the first of two decks.

No comments:

Post a Comment